When beginning a remodeling project, windows are a great place to start. Windows can transform a room into a light and bright area, while patio doors can bring an entirely new dimension to a home.
Many older homes tend to have single-pane windows that can allow drafts. Upgrade to more energy-efficient windows. Newer windows can prevent the sun from heating a home in summer with multiple panes of glass and advanced heat-reflective glass coatings. Save money on utility bills and update the look of a home by replacing older less efficient windows with modern cost-saving windows.
New windows can:
- Change the look of a home’s exterior
- Allow homeowners to showcase their personal style
- Add functionality to a home or business
- Allow natural light to flood the interior of a home or business
Types of Windows
There are several different types of windows. The style and functionality of windows chosen depends on the look and feel the homeowner wants to bring to the home. Different types of windows a homeowner can choose from include:
- Casement – Contemporary and convenient, these windows have hinges at one side and swing out.
- Garden – Containing an interior shelf for herbs or plants, these windows protrude outward.
- Bow & Bay – A combination of windows, maximize living space and view with this type of window.
- Awning – Hinged at the top, these windows open out similar to an awning.
- Single Hung Window – Similar to the common double-hung window, only the bottom sash slides up and down.
- Double Hung Window – Instead of only one part that slides up and down, these windows have two sashes that slide up and down allowing for efficient ventilation.
- Sliding Window – These windows have one sash that glides open from side to side.
- Picture Window – Bring in the outdoors and maximize a beautiful view with these windows that can be combined with moveable windows for ventilation options.
Homeowners can showcase their personal style, seal leaks from old windows that allow cooled or heated air to escape, and bring a cohesive look to a home’s exterior. Contact ProCoating for any questions about replacing old, outdated windows.
Schedule an appointment for your free quote!
All exerior remodeling projects start with a FREE appointment and quote. We just ask some simple questions about your goals. It’s fast and simple. Once scheduled, your project can take as little as two days.